On-line Basic VoIP PBX Training OpportunitiesThis free on-line VoIP PBX training teaches basic skills for Xorcom Asterisk IP-PBX
CompletePBX 4 Free Basic Technical Training
IMPORTANT: This is not the latest software version supplied with Xorcom PBX system and virtual machine phone systems. Use this training course only if you are using version 4.
The goal of the course is to introduce the Xorcom product range and the basic capabilities of the current version of CompletePBX, as well as teach some of the fundamentals of Linux administration.
A. Fundamentals of Linux administration, including:
- Putty, CLI, and Linux basics
- Conventions and basic commands
- Navigation Keys and more basic commands
- Advanced Commands
- The Help System
- The vim Editor
- More editing tools
- Advanced Editing
- More Troubleshooting
- FTP Using FileZilla
B. Using I/O (Input/Output) ports to activate/deactivate peripheral devices (e.g., doors & gates, burglar alarms) and perform special call handling
C. Managing Your Asterisk-based IP-PBX
- What are Asterisk “Destinations”?
- What are Asterisk “Endpoints”?
- How to configure Extensions on an IP-PBX
- How to configure Trunks and Outbound Routes on an IP-PBX
- How to configure Queues on an IP-PBX
- How to configure Conference Bridges on an IP-PBX
- Introduction to switchboard capabilities on an IP-PBX
- The course is Web-based and requires no special equipment or prior technical knowledge.
- Participants need to register for the course via this Web form.
- After submission of the form, the participant will receive a link to the course syllabus. The syllabus contains links to a series of video recordings and supporting information that comprise the contents of the course.
- After viewing the videos (roughly 3.5 hours in total) the participant is prompted to take a quiz.
- After successful completion of the quiz, the participant will receive an official “Certificate of Proficiency” via e-mail, and an invitation to continue to the advanced training.