Random Caller ID for Outbound Calls (Call Center)
It is now possible to randomize the caller ID of outbound calls.
This is usefull for outbound call centers and other services that want to avoid being blocked or ignored.
To set this feature:
- Prepare a list of caller ID numbers to be used by the outbound route. Make sure you use caller ID numbers that are allowed to be used with your trunk by the provider.
- Go to Outbound Routes
- Make sure Overwrite CID is set to either Always or If not Empty
- Set Randomized Caller ID to Yes
- Enter the list of caller ID numbers in Caller List
Outbound calls using this Outbound Route will now use a random caller ID number from the list.
Multiple PBX Extensions per Hotel Room
It is now possible to assign more than one extension per hotel room in the Hospitality (Complete Concierge) module.
This is useful for large suites that require direct dialing to each individual phone (both from the outside and within the suite), separate voicemail, etc.
- When setting wakeup calls and other room features from the PMS these will be applied to all of the room’s extensions.
- When having hotel rooms that require more than one phone in the room, but do not require different numbers for those devices, the configuration is, as in previous versions, by assigning a single extension with multiple devices.
Hooks for Manipulating Dialed Numbers
A new hook was added to allow changing the dialed number before the number is being sent to the trunk.
This is useful when there is a need to apply a
A new context was added named modify-number was added.
To use this context, create a new configuration file named extensions__25-modify-number.conf with the required modifications.
For example, the following:
exten => 1234,1,Return(5678)
Will dial out to 5678 if the PBX user dials 1234
Queue Answer Announcement (Call Center)
New announcement options were added to queues (PBX -> Call Center -> Queues).
These announcements are played to the caller upon connecting the caller to the agent:
- Answer Announcement – this is a generic announcement that will be played to the caller upon connecting to the agent, for example: “You are now being connected to our representative”.
- Agent Answer Announcement – this is an agent-specific announcement that will be played to the caller upon connecting to the agent, for example: “You are now being connected to James Harley, a phone-system specialist”.
- License daemon crash on Spark if no license available. Fixed.
- TwinStar-freeze occurs in case of missing license. Fixed.
- CDR records missing in some circumstances when running the Call Recording Renaming script. Fixed.